Silversmithing private tuition is offered on both a one-to-one and a one-to-two basis. The topics below are a guide to what can be covered depending on what you would like to learn, what type of jewellery you would like to make and your previous experience.
- Sawing and piercing metal sheet
- ring and bangle making
- Chain making
- Stone setting
- Keum Boo (the Korean art of adding 24k gold to silver)
- hollow forms
- fold forming
- half day tuition for one person: £90 (please note that some topics are not suitable for half day tuition as they need more time)
- half day tuition for two people: £160 (please note that some topics are not suitable for half day tuition as they need more time)
- whole day tuition for one person: £145
- whole day tuition for two people: £255
Tuition costs include refreshments and consumables (solder, saw blades etc). Cost of precious materials and stones used during the tuition is payable on the day.
- whole days: run from 9.30am-4pm or 10am-4.30pm
- half days: morning sessions run from 9.30am-12.30pm or 10am-1pm. Afternoon sessions run from 1.30pm-4.30pm.
Available Dates for Full Day tuition
2023 is now fully booked.
Dates for the New Year 2024 will be available by the end of October.
If you wish to enquire about a booking please email me through the contact form or at email@example.com and I will do my best to accomodate you.
Available Dates for Half Day tuition - morning sessions only
Please see the dates listed above or email me through the contact form or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss suitable half-day tuition dates.
Please note that I can only reserve tuition dates for a week. After that time if the deposit has not been paid the date(s) will be made available again. The balance of the tuition fee is due four weeks before the tuition date. Refunds can only be made if I can find someone to fill your date.
For full T&Cs please visit Booking Terms and Conditions