Silversmithing tuition is offered on both a one-to-one and a one-to-two basis. The topics below are a guide to what can be covered depending on what you would like to learn, what type of jewellery you would like to make and your previous experience.
- Sawing and piercing metal sheet
- Chain making
- Stone setting
- Keum Boo (the Korean art of adding 24k gold to silver)
- half day tuition for one person: £80 (please note that some topics are not suitable for half day tuition as they need more time)
- half day tuition for two people: £142 (please note that some topics are not suitable for half day tuition as they need more time)
- whole day tuition for one person: £135
- whole day tuition for two people: £240
Tuition costs include refreshments and consumables (solder, saw blades etc). Cost of precious materials and stones used during the tuition is payable on the day.
- whole days: run from 9.30am-4pm or 10am-4.30pm
- half days: morning sessions run from 9.30am-12.30pm or 10am-1pm. Afternoon sessions run from 1pm-4pm.
Available Dates for Full Day tuition
Currently fully booked - new dates for Autumn/Winter 2021 will be available from June.
If you have a particular date in mind that is not on the list above please email me through the contact form or at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to accomodate you.
Available Dates for Half Day tuition - morning sessions only
Please email me through the contact form or at email@example.com to discuss suitable half-day tuition dates.
Please email me through the contact form or at firstname.lastname@example.org with your choice of dates from the list above. Please do not assume that a particular date is available for you until you have contacted me and I have reserved that date for you! Thank you.
Please note that I can only reserve tuition dates for a week. After that time if the deposit has not been paid the date(s) will be made available again. The balance of the tuition fee is due two weeks before the tuition date. Refunds can only be made if I can find someone to fill your date.