Shipping, Returns and Exchanges
All Joanne Tinley Jewellery items that are held in stock ready for dispatch are sent out within five working days, usually sooner. Made-to-order items, such as rings, may take longer than this, but they will all be dispatched as soon as possible.
You will be emailed an estimated dispatch date shortly after placing your order, and I will always keep you informed of the progress of your order.
Please do contact me if you wish more information on current dispatch times or if you need something urgently - I will always do my best to ensure that you get that last-minute present on time!
Gift messages can be handwritten on a gift tag and items sent to the gift recipients address at your request.
Delivery Costs & Methods
UK orders - free shipping
International orders - £5
All UK orders of £75 and above are sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery as standard. This service guarantees delivery by 1pm the day after dispatch and requires a signature on delivery.
UK orders below £75 are sent by Royal Mail 1st class Signed For, which again requires a signature on delivery, or by Royal Mail Tracked 24.
International orders are sent by the equivalent international method.
Non-EU parcels require a customs form to be attached. Any customs fees incurred are the customer's responsibility.
Returns and Exchanges
I obviously want you to be happy with your jewellery purchases! I take every possible care to ensure that your jewellery arrives safely, but if there has been damage caused in transit please contact me within 14 calendar days of receiving your order. If you do not instantly fall in love with your jewellery then again please contact me within 14 calendar days to organise its return and a refund or exchange. Please do note the following as per the latest UK Distance Selling Regulations:
- Goods must be returned within 14 calendar days of cancellation.
- Refunds will be processed within 14 calendar days of the return of the goods and payments made using the same method as you used to pay for your order.
- Return postage costs can only be refunded if the item was faulty (please see below) or the incorrect item was sent.
- Please remember to get proof of posting and please note that jewellery is only insured in transit when posted using Royal Mail’s Special Delivery service. Any other method is at your own risk.
- You are liable for any diminished value of the jewellery resulting from handling in any other way than what is necessary to establish its nature, characteristics and functioning while you are responsible for it. This includes when the jewellery is in transit back to me.
- I regret that I cannot offer refunds on earrings for health and safety reasons.
- Bespoke items (i.e. those made to a requested size not generally listed on the website, with personalisation, with requested stones or made on commission) may not be eligible for refund or exchange.
- No refunds can be given for gift certificates.
- Exchanges can be made either in person by arrangement or by post with a shipping fee.
- If an exchange for a lower value item is requested the balance can only be repaid to the original purchaser using the original payment method. If this is not possible a gift certificate (valid for 12 months) for that value will be issued.
- Joanne Tinley Jewellery designs are guaranteed against manufacturing faults for 12 months from the date of purchase. This does not include accidental damage or damage due to wear and tear or loss and only includes jewellery bought through this website.
Workshops and Tuition
- Cancellations of private tuition bookings within four weeks of the event will forfeit the private tuition deposit unless I can find someone to take your place.
- The balance for private tuition bookings must be paid no later than two weeks before the tuition date, otherwise it will be assumed that you are cancelling your booking.
- Cancellations of private tuition bookings within 24 hours of the event will foreit the whole tuition fee unless I can find someone to take your place.
- Cancellations of workshop places within four weeks of the event will forfeit the workshop fee unless I am able to find someone to take your place.
- Please let me know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend.
Tutorials and ebooks
Tutorials and ebooks are not eligible for refund once downloaded has started.