This page is regularly updated to keep in line with government guidelines.
Last updated: 29th November
All jewellery is thoroughly cleaned before being carefully packaged. There is no reported evidence of Covid-19 being passed on through the postal system.
Visits to the studio for one or two people from the same household can be made by appointment only through emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07881 822752. The studio will be cleaned before your arrival, and on arrival you will be asked to wash your hands. You will need to wear either a face mask or a face shield, and I will do the same.
A QR code is available for checking in using the NHS track and trace app.
If you are exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/) or have otherwise been told you need to isolate please rearrange your visit by emailing email@example.com
Finished commissions will be disinfected before you try them on.
In order to make the jewellery workshops as safe as possible for us all during the Covid-19 outbreak the following steps have been put into place:
- If you are exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/) or have otherwise been told you need to isolate please rearrange your workshop by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The workshop cancellation policy has been amended at this time to take account of this - please see below.
- Face masks or shields must be worn as you enter and leave my studio in the main building and on your way to and from the toilets.
- Students will be asked to wash their hands as soon as they arrive to the studios, before eating and drinking, and encouraged to do so regularly during the day – and of course I will be doing the same as well!
- Face shields or face masks must be worn when students are away from their benches. I will wear a face shield to make it easier for people to understand me when I am teaching, and I do have some spare faceshields too for the occasions when we have someone in the workshop who relies on lip-reading.
- The back door and/or window ventilation will be open to allow some fresh air into the room - so please do bring a jumper!
- Class sizes will be limited to 6 students until PHE advice suggests otherwise. Students will sit side by side and not face to face at benches, two on each bench, and there will be a perspex screen between each pair of students if the benches are not already separated, although if a pair are from the same household that screen could be removed.
- Each bench workspace will have its own set of files, saw frame, ring mandrel, nylon hammer, pliers, wire cutters and a several other tools as well, and they will be cleaned before and after each workshop.
- Tools that have to be shared (for example drills, rolling mill) will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each workshop. Wipes will be available for students to “top up” the cleaning during the day.
- Tea and coffee provided will be provided as usual, with handwashing before it is made, plus individually wrapped biscuits and cakes to reduce the risk. As always, students will need to bring their own lunch. Lunch will be eaten at workbenches rather than together at one table to make social distancing easier.
- As is required by law from 14th September I will be keeping a record of workshop attendees in case that information is needed for COVID-19 track and tracing. The information will be kept for 21 days from the date of the workshop and then disposed of safely. Of course my records will be kept otherwise as confidential and safe as always.
- A QR code is provided for checking in with the NHS track and trace app.
- The above Health and Safety is in addition to the usual workshop safety rules of wearing closed-toe shoes, tying long hair back and wearing googles when soldering and other relevant tasks.
Covid-19 amended workshop cancellation policy
- If you are exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/) or have otherwise been told you need to isolate please rearrange your workshop by emailing email@example.com immediately.
- If your workshop date is within 2 weeks of your email then no refunds can be given but you can move to another workshop within 6 months of your original workshop date.
- If your workshop date is more than 2 weeks from the date of your email then a refund can be given or you can move to another workshop within 6 months of your original workshop date.